Cooking can be beneficial or harmful to our physical health. We often heard about the nutrients and sustenance of food in our daily lives. However, we tend to ignore the harmful effects of overcooled food.
So, how can you tell if food is overcooked? Some of the obvious characteristics of overcooked food are discolouration, textured, and burnt.
You can use a food thermometer to recheck the cooking temperature depending on the main ingredients such as fish and meat. When the cooking temperature exceeded its normalcy, it means that you are overcooking the food.
Health agencies and authorities have issued guidelines and standards of cooking temperature. The USDA recommends steaks and roasts be cooked to 145°F (medium) and then rested for at least 3 minutes. To ensure food safety, ground beef should be cooked to a minimum of 160°F (well done).
Charred food from grilling and roasting can be unhealthy based on clinical studies. Overcooking the food may result in the formation of chemicals particularly acrylamide. heterocyclic amines, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).
Aside from these harmful substances, you are prone to experiencing these conditions when overcooked food is consumed:
- It slows down your metabolism that can affect digestion.
- It discards the nutrients when cooking time takes longer.
- It contains carcinogenic substances especially for charred food
Now, you know what makes overcooked food unhealthy. The next step is to change your cooking habits and routines. You must start with the right cookware for your everyday cooking. Nutricraft is an award-winning cookware brand offering safe, smart, and healthy cooking.
Here are the brilliant reasons why use Nutricraft cookware:
- Toxin-free cooking. The 5-ply Titanium Stainless Steel (316Ti) in the interiors and exteriors of each cookware product prevents overcooking, chemical reaction, and leaching.
- 3-in-1 kitchen assistant. Each cookware piece has smart features to avoid overcooking at all times.
- Nutrient retention. The innovative design of the cookware protects the food quality and retains the essential nutrients.
Let us help you with your cooking and never worry about health risks. Talk to us via email: email@example.com I Linkedin Chat I Facebook messenger I Skype or WhatsApp